Merchant Solutions catalogs may managed by downloading a table spreadsheet, making your desired changes, and uploading the updated spreadsheet using the Upload/Download tab. To learn how to upload and download spreadsheets for a Merchant Solutions account, please see our Upload/Download help page.
Microsoft Excel is the easiest way to create a CSV file to upload to your Yahoo! Store.
To create a CSV file with Microsoft Excel
Please note the following:
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Type each of the field names into its own data cell in record 1. A record is the numbered horizontal rows in Excel which are made up of specific cells. For example, record 1 is made up of cells A1, B1, C1, D1, etc. There are currently 13 fields available in a database upload:
* Availability is a special type of field. It doesn't normally appear on the Edit page for an Item page. Including this field in your database upload file will cause it to be automatically overridden on your item pages.
** Ypath is a field that allows you to place your items into specific Shopping product departments. This will help ensure correct placement of your products into Yahoo! Shopping. For information concerning the proper format required for the entries in this field, please consult our Ypath guide at the following URL: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ysm/ps/categorization/categorization-06.html
Please note that misnaming any of the above fields will cause the the fields to not be recognized upon upload. These field names are not case sensitive, but they must be spelled exactly as they are listed above. The order of your fields in the CSV file are not important, though you may want to have a field in the last column that always has an entry such as "code" or "price". By having a column a the end which always has an entry, you can avoid problems of empty (but not deleted) cells.
- Availability *
- Ypath **
- Type a record for each item begining with record 2.
- After the last field of the last record, set your cursor to the first field of the next record and save.
- Go to the "File" menu and select "Save As."
- Save as type:
For PC -- CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)
For Macintosh -- CSV (Windows format)
- Click "Save."
- To create a carriage return (linebreak) in Excel, you will need to press and hold the "Alt" key and press "Enter" (or "Return") on your keyboard.
- When saving as a CSV file, Excel should automatically add the commas to seperate each field and add any necessary quotations. For example, a field that requires requires quotes (such as a multi-worded option) will only require single quotes. Excel should add the necessary double quotation marks.