If you are already selling online, Yahoo! Merchant Solutions makes it easy to switch. Here's how to do it:
||How We Help
||Understand the switching process.
Get the information you need to switch.
Yahoo! Merchant Solutions streamlines your move with extensive support resources like 24-7 toll-free phone support.
||Save your product information and pictures to your desktop.
||Before you shut down your old store, be sure to retain any product images, graphics, HTML pages, and important emails that you would like to keep. If you do not save these files before you close your old store, you may not be able to reuse them in your Yahoo! Merchant Solutions store.
||Move your product information to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions.
To set up your new store, you will need to move your product information to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions. You can do this by importing a file with all of your product information or by manually typing in the information.
There are three ways to move your product information:
Option 1: If you already have your product descriptions, prices, and other product information stored in a spreadsheet (like Microsoft Excel) or database (like Access or a database built into your ecommerce application), the fastest way to move your data is to:
Option 2: If your product information is only stored in your existing web pages (because you built the pages yourself using HTML or a site building tool) you can use a similar process:
- Export your existing list of product information as a .CSV file, a format common to spreadsheets and databases like Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Map your existing data to the fields required in Yahoo! Merchant Solutions. The easiest way to do this is to upload one product and then download the file. You can then see what data Yahoo! Merchant Solutions requires, and can reformat your file to have the same column headers.
- Upload your .CSV file to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions with all of your products.
Option 3: If you cannot access your old product information or if you want to start over:
- First, cut and paste your product descriptions, captions, and prices from your site into a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel.
- Save the file in .CSV format and follow the same steps we outlined above.
- You may manually enter your product information into the Store Editor.
||Migrate your site design or design a new online store.
Move over your site as is or create a new site design with our powerful tools, our developer network, or your favorite third-party site tools.
You have several options for building your pages.
Option 1: Keep your existing web site pages:
Option 2: Create a new web site design:
- First, add your product information to the Catalog Manager.
- Save your old product web page files and any associated graphics, images, or style sheets to your desktop.
- Cut and paste Store Tags into your web pages, so you can pull and display product information from your product database and your web pages can be automatically updated whenever you change product information in your product database.
- Upload these revised pages to your Yahoo! Merchant Solutions account.
Option 3: Have a new store designed for you:
- If you want to improve on your old design or completely redesign your store, use our powerful Store Editor tool to build a distinctive online store. The Store Editor automatically creates search-engine optimized web pages in minutes for every product you have in your product catalog, without having to build the pages one at a time and without any programming.
The Store Editor also creates your site structure so it is organized and easy to navigate. For example, the Store Editor can build individual product web pages for each digital camera that you sell and also create a digital camera product category page where customers can see all your digital cameras in one place.
- Tap into our extensive Developer Network* to have professional designers or developers build a new online store that looks just the way you want. Get professional assistance for a quick start. Then take over managing your store with our easy-to-use tools.
||Prepare your shopping cart, checkout pages, and payment processing.
||Complete your store setup process by choosing your shipping options, tax rates, and online payment processing provider.
- Choose the shipping options, shipping rates, and tax rates for your site to finish configuring your store.
- Specify single-page or multi-page checkout and personalize your checkout fields so you can continue to collect the same information.
- Use your own merchant account if it is compatible with the FDMS Nashville payment gateway or easily apply for a new account with our partner, Bank of America Merchant Services. You can also use your existing account to process transactions offline.
- Connect an existing PayPal account to your new Yahoo! Merchant Solutions online store or add a new PayPal account to begin accepting online payments.
||Move your domain name and email addresses.
||Step-by-step instructions guide you through the process.
Once your new online store is ready you'll be able to cancel your old ecommerce service and have your provider redirect your domain name to your new store hosted by Yahoo! Merchant Solutions. View detailed instructions.
Please note that you will still need to pay your provider to maintain your domain name, unless you are willing to switch to a new domain.
*Additional fees apply
An easy-to-use tool that can build and organize your store as you add products to it. You can create sections to display related products - just as you would in a bricks and mortar store - and quickly generate customized web pages for your entire inventory at once. Ideal if you need to update your store frequently or want to carry more than 100 products at a time.
A list of over 40 professional web designers and developers who have expertise in building Merchant Solutions stores. These professionals can help with design, campaign management, and custom application development, building an entire store for you or creating specific functionality.
A powerful database that is built into Yahoo! Merchant Solutions so you can manage your inventory of products - including item pricing, names, descriptions, and more. Enter individual products by hand or upload many products at once to save time.
A built-in database that helps you manage your product inventory, keep track of product names, descriptions, and details, add and edit items, group together similar items, upload hundreds of items at once, and track item quantities.
A special bank account that gives you the ability to authorize credit card transactions and settle funds electronically. You can apply for a merchant account online through our partner, Bank of America Merchant Services. Alternately, if you already have a merchant account you are welcome to use any bank that is compatible with First Data Merchant Services' Nashville platform (formerly known as Envoy)
The secure electronic gateway through which Yahoo! Merchant Solutions online credit card transactions are processed.
A merchant account provider, and our preferred partner, that is compatible with the FDMS payment gateway. Bank of America Merchant Services requires one to three business days to process your merchant account application, and if your application is accepted, that's all you have to do. Your new merchant account is automatically set up for your store, and you'll be ready to process orders online.
An online payment processing service that allows you to accept credit, debit, or bank transfer payments online. You can sign up for a PayPal account in three easy steps and get approved in less than 24 hours. You are charged a transaction fee for all orders processed by PayPal, but there is no monthly fee.
A name that works like an address to help people find your store on the Internet. For example, Yahoo!'s domain name is www.yahoo.com. A good domain name makes it easy for visitors to remember your business and to quickly find your store.