Advanced Search is not a part of the newest version of Yahoo! Mail.
If you're using the Mail Classic version of Business Mail, the Advanced Search feature provides a variety of options for searching your email messages. For example, you can search the message fields individually or in combinations of From, To, Subject, Message text, and/or Date. You can also specify how your search terms are evaluated, choosing whether the message field "contains," "does not contain," or "is exactly" the terms you have entered, and you can search across all folders or within a single folder, including your Inbox, Trash, Bulk, or other folders you have created.
To navigate to the Advanced Search page, leave the search field blank and click the "Search Mail" button. When searching, keep in mind these tips:
- The more fields you complete, the more limited your search results will be.
- Advanced Search uses "and" logic when multiple search terms are entered. You can enter multiple search terms; however, the search will return only messages in which the sender or subject contains all of the terms.
- To search the text of a message, use the "Body" search field.
- Quotes and commas are not necessary to find a match when entering multiple search terms. The default option, "contains," will search for messages containing all of the search terms in any order. To find an exact match, choose the "is exactly" option.
- If your search returns too many results, try adding date criteria. You can use relative dating that allows you to quickly search for messages sent within the last week or last month.
- To find messages that include photos or other attachments, enter your search terms, then check the box next to "Only messages with attachments."