I received an invalid Yahoo ID error, what should I do?
If you are receiving an “Invalid Yahoo ID” error, please look at the following common causes of “Invalid ID” errors. Please review this information prior to searching for your Yahoo ID as explained below.
- Yahoo ID’s usually do not contain spaces or special characters. The only special character accepted is the underscore (like person_88).
- Please do not add the “@yahoo.com” to your ID when signing in. (Exception for partner domains: Yahoo now has relationships with some partners where the Yahoo ID is an email address in a domain belonging to a partner. For example, AT&T customers have "AT&T Yahoo IDs" ending in "@sbcglobal.net" that they need to type at login.)
- For Yahoo Mail users, your Yahoo ID is the first part of your email address. For example, if your Yahoo Mail address is email@example.com then your Yahoo ID is “person”.
- If you have forgotten your Yahoo ID, you can search for it online by following the steps below:
- Return to the Sign In page: http://edit.yahoo.com/.
- Click the “Forget your password?” link.
- Confirm your identity by entering your date of birth, ZIP or Postal code and country.
- Enter your email address in the “Forgot your Yahoo ID” box on the right side of the screen.
- Click the “Find Yahoo ID button. The address you enter as item number 4 must be the same address (non-Yahoo) that you entered during registration with Yahoo. The search results will be emailed to the same address. If you did not provide an email address or you no longer have access to the account, you will be unable to receive the search results. Please see Yahoo Account Questions section if you need to update this address. Please take some time to locate the correct Yahoo ID. If you are unable to find this Yahoo ID you will have to open a new account.