Below you will find most common reasons why email cannot be sent, replied to, or forwarded.
Switch "Rich Text" to "Plain Text"
The inability to send, reply, or forward emails could be from a program that was installed on your computer that is now preventing the Yahoo! MailRich Text toolbar from launching properly. Try switching from "Rich Text" compose mode to "Plain Text" as a work around:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the New button to start a new email.
- To the far right of the "Subject" line click the Plain Text link.
- Compose and send your email.
To make "Plain Text" your default when replying or forwarding, do this:
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Click Options, then select More Options from the pull down arrow in the upper right corner of your Mail page.
- Select "General" from the list of options on the left side of the page.
- Check the box between to; When replying & forwarding and Mark original message with > (plain text only).
- Click the "Save Changes" button in the upper left corner.
Signing on as an administrator
Administrator has all the rights to make changes on the computer and can remove Internet access, disable scripts, macros or the ability to install new software.
Please verify that your computer account has the administrator privileges. Please note that this is the default on home computers, but is especially important if you're in a work or shared computer environment. If you're uncertain, please check with your computer vendor or help desk to verify your computer's settings.
If you already have administrative privileges, let's move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting your Internet Browser
Most issues with Yahoo! Mail can be resolved quickly by ensuring you're using an up-to-date Internet browser, and completing some browser troubleshooting.