There are several reasons why someone can't get to their email. Some are temporary, while some will be more difficult and will require you to track down the reason and make the appropriate corrections. Below we have broken down these reasons in to groups by where they may be occurring, and when you may be seeing these issues.
Password and User Name Issues: The number one reason most people report for not being able to get their email is they just can't sign on.
- Forgotten User Name or Password Wizard.
- Why doesn't my password work?
- I can't remember my Yahoo! ID (user name). Help!
- Why is my password rejected when trying to check mail via an email client?
- How do I change my password?
- I set up getting email from my other (work, school, etc.) accounts. Now how do I view it? How do I access it?
Account Access Issues:
- How do I sign in and sign out of my account?
- Do you close accounts due to inactivity?
- How can I update the information I gave when I registered?
- How do I close my Yahoo! account?
- How do I renew Yahoo! Mail Plus?
- How do I cancel Yahoo! Mail Plus?
Browser and Technical Issues Many times our Yahoo! Mail customers have found that their browsers are not up to date, or that they need a change to the browsers settings to get access to Yahoo! Mail.
- Troubleshooting tips for Yahoo! Mail Issues: Introduction.
- How do I enable ActiveX on my browser?
- Why does my browser try to load a page, but never finish?
- Do I have to accept cookies in order to use Yahoo! Mail?
Temporary Access Issues: Several times a temporary error will occur that stops our customers from getting to their Yahoo! Mail. These articles discuss why this may be happening, and even more importantly how you can avoid this from happening.
- Temporary Access Error Codes for Yahoo! Mail Classic.
- Temporary Access Error Codes for All-New Yahoo! Mail
- Why do I get an "Invalid Mailbox State" error?
- I received an error indicating that my account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. Why?
- I just got an error message telling me that Yahoo! Mail detected unusual activity in my account and I can't send, save or receive Mail for up to 48 hours. How do I correct the issue?
- My email is being blocked by Yahoo! Mail. What can I do?
- How do I send an email?
- How can I stay in my Yahoo! Mail account and send email from another email address?
- I'm having problems sending mail in my POP3 email client. What can I do?
- Can I send a birthday e-card or comment to a friend?
- Why was my email neither received nor bounced?