Yes, you can turn the "click" sounds off while using Yahoo Mail. While we're working on silencing this sound completely, we can offer a temporary fix to turn the audio off. To do so please follow these steps on your Windows XP or Windows 2000:
- From the "Start" pop-up menu on your desktop, go to "Settings" and select "Control Panel".
- From this list, pick "Sounds and Audio Devices" (for Windows XP) or "Sounds and Multimedia Properties" (for Windows 2000). A dialog window opens.
- From the tabs across the top, select "Sounds".
- Scroll down and you'll find a category called "Windows Explorer". The last item under this heading is "Start Navigation". Click this to highlight it.
- In the box just below this, called "Sounds," open the pop-up menu and scroll to the top to choose (None).
- Click the "OK" button to close the dialog window.