Yahoo! Health provides topic centers and searchable references containing health information.
The topic centers provide informational articles, news, tips, videos, and related content, in one centralized location. The topic centers cover:
- Everyday Health —Topics that cover everyday health concerns and promotes wellness, including allergy, cold & flu, children's health, oral care, relationships, pregnancy, and more.
- Diet & Fitness — Content addresses weight loss, nutrition, and fitness. Offers a diet evaluation.
- Mind & Mood —Topics that cover everyday health concerns and promotes wellness, including allergies, cold & flu, children's health, oral care, relationships, pregnancy, and more.
- Longevity — Covers personality, emotion, and mental health conditions. Includes information on stress, smoking cessation, depression, and more.
- Conditions & Diseases —Content addressing a specific condition or disease, including diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, cancer, and more.
- Resources — A central location for references including a drug guide, an encyclopedia, expert advice blogs, health news, and a video library.
The references from trusted health content providers include:
- Encyclopedia—Extensive information on thousands of topics, including diabetes, cancer, allergies, asthma, bee stings, even procedures such as angioplasty, blood count tests, and more. Content provided by Healthwise.
- Drug Guide—Contains prescription and nonprescription drug information, including indications, dosage, possible side effects, warnings, and interactions. Content provided by Healthwise.
- Health Expert Advice—Advice, tips, and personal experiences written by health experts that cover range of topics from Allergies to Yoga. You can add comments and join in the discussion.
- Health News—Health news stories from various news sources. News sources include American Cancer Society, Associated Press, HealthDay, and Reuters.
- Videos— Information, personal stories, and instructions, covering various health and wellness topics, presented on videos.
If you do not find what you're looking for in Yahoo! Health, try the Yahoo! Directory—the Health section in particular—for a list of websites that might match your search criteria or search on the topic in Yahoo! Search.