First, confirm that your site is listed in the Yahoo Directory. Enter your abbreviated URL (ex: yahoo.com) into the Yahoo search box and click the "more" link next to search box, then select the "Directory" link. If your site appears in the "Directory Results", the site is listed in the Yahoo Directory.
All requests for modifications to a Yahoo Directory listing must be submitted via our online change form. Each request is reviewed by an editor, so please give us time to get to yours.
If your site is a new Directory entry, the change request form will not recognize the URL for several weeks.
- Sites must be listed in the Yahoo Directory for three weeks before a change request can be made.
- We reserve the right to edit or decline change requests.
- We only make modifications we deem necessary. If your site is accurately listed, we will not make changes to enhance your listing.
- When reviewing requests, our highest priority is to make changes to incorrect listings. Requests to enhance a description get a lower priority.
- We do not reply to all change requests. If the change you suggested is not made within three to four weeks, most likely it did not meet our guidelines.
On the change form, we ask for the email address you originally used to submit your request. If you can't remember it, use the form anyway, including any possible addresses in the "Message" area. This helps us locate your record.
If you receive an error message when using the change form, please confirm that your site is actually listed in our Directory.