After upgrading to the new Yahoo! Bookmarks, if you do not see all your previous folders, follow the instructions below to reimport your Yahoo! Bookmarks:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Bookmarks.
- Scan your "My Folders" list to see if it contains a folder titled "Imported Bookmarks" and "MyWeb Bookmarks". The folders you are looking for may be nested as sub-folders inside one of these folders.
If you do not find the folders you missed, follow the recommendation below that best describes your situation:
- If you did not use the original My Web to bookmark or there is not a "MyWeb Bookmarks" folder, follow the instructions below to reimport your Yahoo! Bookmarks.
- If you were an original My Web user and added bookmarks using the original My Web product, because this product no longer exists, the only copy of those bookmarks is now the imported link in Yahoo! Bookmarks.
To avoid losing any bookmarks and folders that were saved using the original My Web, before reimporting:
- Identify any bookmarks you added using the original MyWeb (They are imported to the "MyWeb Bookmarks" folder and sub-folders.)
- Move them out of the "MyWeb Bookmarks" folder. Either select and drag the bookmark to the "Uncategorized" folder or select the sub-folder that contains them, click edit, and select a new parent folder for the contents of that folder.
This will ensure that bookmarks and folders saved using the original My Web, and already successfully imported, will be not be lost. You can then safely delete the "MyWeb Bookmarks" folder and reimport your bookmarks.
To Reimport Yahoo! Bookmarks:
- From Yahoo! Bookmarks, click the Tools link in the upper-right corner. The "Bookmarks Tools" page opens.
- Click Import Bookmarks.
- At "From Yahoo! Bookmarks," click the Import button.
Note: Typically, imported bookmarks appear in less than 2 minutes, but please be aware that it could take 10 or more minutes for all imported bookmarks to appear.
For information on moving bookmarks see: How to Move Bookmarks Between Folders.
Please use the following link to learn How to Get Started with Yahoo! Bookmarks.