You can search through the catalog of avatar items to find fun items to use with your avatar. Search for the type of clothing, accessories, backgrounds, pets, themes, or whatever you are looking for.
To search for items:
- Go to the Yahoo! Avatars homepage. You will be asked to sign in if you aren’t already. The Search Avatar Items box is on the top of the page.
- Type the name of the item that you wish to search for in the box (for example, “comic books”), and click Search.
The Search Results box appears with the items it found that matched your search:
- To see more items, click next (above or below the pictures).
- To see items from only one category, click Refine. A pull-down menu appears, listing the item categories (Appearance, Apparel, Extras, Backgrounds, and Branded).
- Use the pull-down menu to select a category that interests you. This allows you to focus on a few items when there are many matches to your search.
- Click the picture of the item that you want to select for your avatar. The item is added to your avatar in the Previewing Changes window. If you change your mind, click the picture again, and it is removed from your avatar.
- If you like what you’ve selected, click Save Changes.
Tip: Use short, simple words (like colors or common names) for your search.
For more information about how to customize your avatar, click here.