You can send a snapshot of your current avatar in an email postcard to your friends. On the Send an Avatar Postcard page, follow these steps:
- Enter the email address you want to send the postcard to. You can enter more than one email address, just make sure to put a comma between each one.
- Select your "From:" email address. If the address you prefer is not displayed, click "Edit email address" to update your member information.
- Enter your name.
- Write your message on the postcard. The counter below the postcard will show how many characters you have left, out of 350 maximum.
- On the right, select a background for your postcard.
- If you want a copy of the postcard sent to your own email address, check the "Send me a copy" box.
- When your postcard is complete, click "Send."
Your friend will receive the postcard shortly. If you checked the "Send me a copy" box, you'll also receive a postcard.
You friend will receive an HTML postcard showing your avatar, the background you picked, and your message.
For email programs that can't display HTML, an URL is also included in the postcard. Your friend can put this URL in a browser to view the postcard. The URL is valid for 30 days after you send the postcard.
Avatars postcards are viewable in Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Lycos, AOL, and the latest version of Outlook.
Note: Information collected on the Avatar Postcard page will be used only to send an email on your behalf and will not be used for any marketing purposes.