Does logging into your Yahoo Mail always take a long time? If so, it may be that caching is not enabled in your browser.
Here's how to fix it:
Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher
- In the Tools menu, select "Internet Options."
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Scroll down to the Security group and make sure that "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" is NOT checked.
- Click the "General" tab.
- In the section labeled "Temporary Internet Files" ("Browsing History" in Internet Explorer 7), click "Settings."
- Under "Check for newer versions of stored pages," select "Automatically".
- Under "Temporary Internet files folder," in the "Amount of disk space to use" box, select 50MB or more.
Firefox 1.5 and higher
- In the Tools menu, select "Options."
- Select the "Privacy" icon, then click the "Cache" tab.
- Enter 50 (or more) as "disk space for the cache."
- Click "Settings." If "Cache" is checked in the Private Data section, then make sure that "Clear private data when closing Firefox" is NOT checked in the Settings section.
Still taking a long time? Check to make sure that you're not running third-party software that empties your browser's cache after every use.