Geo-targeting enables you to target your ads to potential customers located or interested in particular geographical areas.1
You can target your ads:
- To the entire market; e.g. the Southeast Asia market.
- To countries within that market; e.g. Singapore, Malaysia.
Geo-targeting can be helpful for:
How it works
- Small businesses that want to drive traffic to their physical shops or offices by targeting customers searching online for local providers of goods and services.
- Service-oriented businesses, such as plumbers or estate agents.
- Large businesses that want to drive customers to their web sites and/or physical shop locations.
- When you create a new campaign or modify existing campaigns, select your geographic area to be targeted.
- Your geo-targeted ad will be served to users based on one or more of the following:1
- User’s location—A search is conducted from your targeted location.
- Interest location—A user includes the name of your targeted location as part of the search term.
Please note that geo-targeting accuracy is not guaranteed and may vary depending on various factors, including the level of targeting selected.