Mozilla Firefox displays the following error message if it notices a script consuming an unusual amount of system resources:
"A script on this page is causing Mozilla to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"
If you're receiving this error message on many web pages, it's most likely due to a recently installed add-on. You can disable add-ons one at a time to find the problematic one by doing the following:
- Select Add-ons from the Tools menu.
- Select the most recently installed add-on and click Disable.
- Close the Add-ons window.
- Close all browser windows.
- Restart Firefox and notice whether you still see the alert.
Repeat these steps until you've disabled all the add-ons or until the alert disappears. When you discover which add-on was causing the alert, please notify its author about the problem.