Your country/language setting – what Yahoo Mail calls your “Preferred Content” – can be adjusted by following these steps:
- Click on the pull-down arrow beside your name in the upper left corner, and select Account Info.
- A new browser page will open. Please enter your password and click Continue
- Under Account Settings, click Set language, site, time zone.
- From the pull-down menu in the “Preferred Content” window, select the country you want.
- Click Finished.
Are you seeing garbled characters in a non-US-language email? If so, you can change Yahoo Mail’s character encoding setting. It’s easy! Here’s how:
- In the toolbar, click Actions and select Set Encodings.
- From the list that appears, select the encoding that matches the message’s content.
Note: Only one character encoding set may be viewed at a time. And in this case, changing your browser’s encoding setting will not work.