- Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page, and select Import Contacts.
- First, please re-enter your password. We want to make sure it’s you!
- And now, a permissions page. Legal stuff! Read at your leisure, and when you feel ready, click I Agree. Or of course, if you’d rather not continue, just click I Do Not Agree.
- One more hurdle: please verify that you’ve read the Terms of Service. How? By clicking in the check-box. OK! Click Start Transfer.
- Enter the “old” email sign-in name for the account you’re transferring from, and in the pull-down menu, select the webmail domain it’s from.
- Choose from:
Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, Comcast, Yahoo, Cox, Earthlink, MSN, Netscape, Netzero, Juno, CS, Optonline, and Worldnet.att.net
- Would you like to send a note to all these contacts announcing your new email address? No problem! Leave a check in the box beside “Send a note…” And if you want to write the note yourself, just click “Click here to personalize...”, and click Next when you’re done.
- Click Next to transfer the information to your new Yahoo account.
- Done! Nice work. The “Finished” page confirms the transfer and offers you a quick route back to your Yahoo Mail account: Take Me To Yahoo Mail.
Please note that it may take as long as 24 hours to complete the transfer. And when it’s done, you’ll get a confirmation email in your Yahoo Inbox.
If you have another webmail account whose info you’d like to transfer, no problem! Import from as many of the supported providers as you want.
For desktop email
Interested in transferring Address Book information from your desktop application (ie, Outlook or Palm)? If so, that’s also easy to do. Here’s how:
- In the upper-right corner of your Mail page, click Options and select Mail Options.
- On the left side of the page that opens, click Contacts Options.
- On the right of this page, click Import/Export to get started.