Here's how to remove a contact from your Messenger List:
- In your Messenger List, right-click the contact and select Delete.
Note: Make a note of the Yahoo ID for this contact if you think you may want to add them to your Ignore List. (Instructions are included below for adding someone to your Ignore List.)
- The "Delete Contact" confirmation window will appear with an additional option to delete the contact from your Yahoo Address Book at the same time. Choose the appropriate option:
- Leave the check box cleared to only delete the contact from your Messenger List.
- Click to select the check box to delete the contact from both your Messenger List and your Yahoo Address Book at the same time.
- To confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Note: This contact will not be notified that they have been deleted.
If you no longer want to receive messages from this person you can add them to your Ignore List, here's how:
- Click the Messenger menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Ignore List category.
- Select Ignore only the people below.
- Click the Add button.
- Type in the Yahoo ID you want to ignore and click Ignore.
- Click Apply and then OK.
When you delete someone from your Messenger List, you will still remain on their Messenger List. The contacts you ignore will not be able to send messages to you and you will always appear offline to them. They won't know you've decided to ignore them.
Note: You can remove contacts from your Ignore List if you decide that you want to receive messages from them again.