If you had a friend on your Contact List, but now that friend is no longer showing on it, there could be a few different reasons why this has occurred. One reason is that you may have your contact options set to only display contacts that are online. You should try adjusting these settings, here's how:
- Click the Messenger menu and verify whether the Contact Action Bar option is selected.
- Now, go down to the Contact Action Bar and verify whether the Show Offline Contacts option is selected. (If it isn't selected, you will only be able to see your friends if they are online.)
- If those options didn't work, click the View menu and look for Show Only Online Friends. Verify that this option is not checked. (If it is checked you won't be able to see all of your friends.)
Another possibility is that you may have accidentally ignored your friend's ID. Both you and your friend will need to follow these steps:
- Click the Messenger menu and click Preferences.
- Under Category, click Ignore List and your list of ignored contacts will display at the right.
- Verify that your friend is not listed under Ignore only the people below. (If your friend is on this list, select their name, and click Remove.)
If you still can't see your friend, you should try removing your friend from your Contact List, then re-adding them. Again, both you and your friend will need to follow these steps:
- Right-click on your friend's name and select Delete.
- Click the Contacts menu and click Add a Contact.
- Follow the steps to add your contact. Remember to use your friend's Yahoo ID when you add them.
Now that you've both followed these steps, you should be able to see your friend's name on your Contact List.