Use these settings to access Yahoo! Mail using your favorite email reader.
Note: If you can't add new POP or new SMTP servers in your mail reader program, you need to change your current mail settings to access your Yahoo! Mail account. Write down your current settings first—you may need to revert to them later if you want to use the same program to send and receive messages from your other email addresses.
Incoming mail server settings
- POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings
- SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 465
- Use authentication
- Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com", for example, “jo.bloggs”)
- Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
If you still can’t send Yahoo! Mail from your mail program, you may be accessing the Internet through an ISP that is blocking the SMTP port. If this is the case, try setting the SMTP port number to 587 when sending email via Yahoo!'s SMTP server.
Your email program gives you the option of either deleting your Yahoo! messages from the Yahoo! server after downloading them into your mail reader, or leaving them on the Yahoo! server so you can see them online in your Yahoo! account, too.