Some helpful tips on how to prevent spam:
Keep Image Blocking on.
Image blocking defeats the confirmation “hits” that spammers receive whenever one of their images is viewed. Since a "view" can include the moment you click to open a spam message, selecting "Initially block all images" is your safest choice. Here's how to do it:
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears. The Options menu appears in a new tab.
- Click General on the left.
- In the Spam Protection section, find the Show images in emails: option.
- Select Never by default. If you receive an email from a trusted source and it include images, you can always view it, or change your settings.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner to save your changes.
Use the Spam button.
If you get a spam message in your Inbox, check the box beside it, then click the Spam button.
If you change your mind or think you made a mistake, just look for the message from that sender in your Spam folder and click Not Spam. We will take the information from your report and feed it directly to our Anti-Spam systems. As more users report spam like this, our system is better able to identify trends and prevent this type of nuisance from reaching your inbox.