You can use alerts to be notified when:
- You receive new email in your Yahoo! Mail or Yahoo! Personals account
- A friend comes online or goes offline
- You receive an instant message (Windows version only)
- One of your Yahoo! Finance stock limits has been tripped (Windows version only)
- One of your Yahoo! Calendar appointments is coming up (Windows version only)
You can configure the Messenger so that you receive all of these alerts, only some of them, or none of them at all.
If you use the Windows version of Messenger, click the Overview tab at the bottom to view your alerts.
- You'll need to start a free Yahoo! Mail account to take advantage of Mail alerts.
- You'll need to create a free Yahoo! Finance portfolio to take advantage of stock alerts.
- You'll need to use our free Yahoo! Calendar to be alerted about upcoming appointments.
Taskbar "Tray" Alerts:
||· The "Y" logo indicates that Yahoo! Messenger is currently running.
· You can set the "Y" to flash for specific events.
· The white envelope indicates that you have new Yahoo! Mail.