To enable scripting:
- Click the "Tools" menu on your Internet Explorer toolbar and select "Internet Options."
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Click the Internet (globe) icon and click the "Custom Level" button.
- Scroll down to "Scripting."
- Enable the following:
- Active scripting
- Allow paste operations via script
- Scripting of Java applets are all enabled
- Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
Note: Restart Yahoo Messenger and you should start seeing text in your IM windows again.