How do I manage my bookmarks?
When you find a web page that you want to return to in the future, you can store its URL as a bookmark, which makes it very easy to go back to that page at any time. You do this by adding the web page to the Bookmarks Sidebar module. The bookmarks on the Bookmarks Sidebar module are the same as the bookmarks on your Bookmarks menu. The Bookmarks Sidebar
module makes them easier to access.
The Bookmarks mini-module serves as a button that you can click to make Bookmarks the active Sidebar module.
When Bookmarks is the active Sidebar module, it displays any bookmarks you have created. (Bookmarks to various Rogers pages are preset.) If you have organized your bookmarks into folders, the folders are listed in alphabetical order, followed by any bookmarks that are not stored in folders.
The Read Later and Start Group folders are listed after the Bookmarks folder. The Read Later bookmark folder allows you to store bookmarks temporarily for later reading. The Rogers Yahoo! Browser automatically removes each Read Later bookmark after you visit the bookmarked page. The Start Group bookmark folder contains bookmarks to your Start Group web pages.
When Bookmarks is the active Sidebar module, you can:
- Display a bookmarked web page by simply clicking the desired bookmark.
- Add a bookmark for the web page you are viewing by clicking the >> button on the Bookmarks Sidebar module and selecting "Add Bookmark" from the option menu. The Add Bookmark page appears. On this page, you can change the name of the bookmark to something more meaningful to you, edit the URL (not recommended), select the bookmark folder in which you
want to save the new bookmark, and enter a comment of any kind. When you finish making changes, click the "OK" button. The bookmark appears in the selected folder with the name you provided. See also How do I import my bookmarks from other browsers?.
- Drag a URL from either the Address bar or a web page to the Bookmarks Sidebar module.
- Right-click a link on a web page, and select "Add Bookmark" from the context menu.
- Add a bookmark folder to the Bookmarks Sidebar module by clicking the >> button on the Bookmarks Sidebar module and selecting "Add New Folder" from the option menu. The Add Folder page appears. Enter a unique name for the folder, select the folder in which you want to add the new folder, and click the "OK" button.
- Edit a bookmark by selecting it, clicking the >> button on the Bookmarks Sidebar module and selecting "Edit Bookmark" from the option menu. On this page, you can change the name of the bookmark, edit the URL (not recommended), or enter or edit a comment. When you finish making changes, click the "OK" button.
- Delete a bookmark by selecting it, clicking the >> button on the Bookmarks Sidebar module, and selecting "Delete Bookmark" from the option menu. A message prompts you to confirm that you want to delete the bookmark. Click the "Yes" button.
- Change the settings for your Read Later bookmarks by clicking the >> button on the Bookmarks Sidebar module and selecting "Options" from the option menu. The Sidebar Options - Bookmarks page appears. Select "Expire immediately after
reading" if you want to delete your Read Later bookmarks right after you display the bookmarked pages. Click "Expire n days after reading" and select the number of days from the pull-down menu, if you want to wait a certain number of days before you delete your Read Later bookmarks. Then click the "OK" button.
The bookmarks in your Bookmarks Sidebar module are associated with your Rogers account and
are available to you whenever you are signed in to the Rogers Network, no matter whose
computer you use. This is a big advantage over standard bookmarks, or favourites,
which are not associated with a specific user and cannot be accessed while you are away from home.
Refer to the Rogers Yahoo! Browser Tutorials for more details about the Bookmarks Sidebar module.
Is this enough information?
Back to previous page