Restoring emails or IMs
In some cases, we can restore lost or deleted emails and instant messages (IMs).
Before requesting a restore:
- We can only restore messages that were originally sent or received prior to the last 7 days, but that were lost during the last 7 days.
- Back up any messages sent or received within the last 7 days, as these messages will be permanently deleted if the restore is successful.
- If multiple restore requests are submitted, only the latest request will be processed.
To request a restore: use this form to submit a restore request.
When requesting a restore, also consider that:
- Your missing messages may only be hidden, and not actually deleted. To check, review our help article about missing emails in Yahoo! Mail.
- IM conversation history archives for Yahoo! Messenger for Windows (versions 10 and below) and Yahoo! Messenger for Mac cannot be recovered using this process.
- We cannot pick specific emails or restore from a specific span of time (e.g., between certain dates, or a specific week or month).
- We cannot guarantee a successful restore.