Troubleshooting Mobile sign-in issues
This article will lead you through the most successful Mobile login troubleshooting steps.
Here are some suggestions if you are having trouble with your password on your mobile device:
- Please start by turning your phone off. Once the phone is completely powered down, remove and reinsert the battery (if applicable) and reboot the phone.
- Did you recently change your password? If you changed your password on the desktop but have yet to change your password on your phone, this could be part of the reason why you are receiving an error. Check the settings on your device and enter your new password.
- Some mobile devices automatically capitalize the first letter in your Yahoo! ID, which may prevent a successful login. Make sure to replace the first letter with the lower case version if necessary.
- At times, mobile devices can experience compatibility issues with passwords that contain special characters. If your password contains any special characters, and you are unable to log in through your mobile device, you can always sign in to a desktop computer and change your Yahoo! password to something that is compatible.
- If your phone's browser allows for saving browser cookies and cache, please clear these on your device. Please check your phone's operation manual for instructions, as steps vary between phones and phone browser applications.
Note: Some phones have a slight delay when entering text. You do not have to include the "@yahoo.com" as part of your Yahoo! ID.
If you are receiving the notice to "sign in from a desktop computer" or you have tried the suggestions above without success, please try signing in to our Yahoo! Mobile homepage, via your desktop PC. If you are able to sign in with the same password that you are using on your mobile device, then there is not an issue with your password and you may need our assistance. Please submit a request for assistance from our Mobile team by clicking Help at the bottom of the Yahoo! Mobile page.