Infant, child, and senior passengers
Providing passenger information by age group helps determine whether one or more passengers in a reservation qualify for a child or senior discount fare. Please remember that special fares are not available in all markets, or on all fares.
- Adults (age 15 to 64): When special fares are not available for passengers that qualify for Senior or Child, an adult fare will apply.
- Seniors (age 65 and over): Most airlines limit senior fares to those over age 62. Please remember that special fares are not available in all markets, or on all fares.
- Children (age 2 to 14): Most airlines limit child fares to passengers under age 12. Please remember that special fares are not available in all markets, or on all flights. Child tickets can be classified as adults, children, or infants, depending on the specific airline's fare rules.
- Infants (age under 2): If you're traveling with an infant (a child less than 24 months old) in your lap, there's usually no charge for U.S. travel—please check with airline(s) for specific rules for purchasing a ticket for an infant. Reservations for infants cannot be made through Yahoo! Travel.
- Unaccompanied Minors: You must contact the airline directly before purchasing a ticket for an unaccompanied minor. Most airlines allow unaccompanied minors to travel on their flights, but have special restrictions, so please check with the airline to confirm specific policies. Age restrictions vary by airline. In general, children under the age of 5 may never travel alone. Most airlines require unaccompanied minors services for children ages 5 through 14, and some require it through age 17. Additional fees apply (approximately $25 to $100 each way) and can be paid at check-in. For security reasons, most airlines don't allow unaccompanied minors to travel on the last connecting flight of the day. Some carriers require unaccompanied minors to travel on non-stop flights only. The specific flights required vary by airline, so check directly with them prior to making a reservation.