How to use Yahoo! Toolbar tabs
Yahoo! Toolbar version 6.3 and newer for Internet Explorer now allows you to use tabs with your current version of Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0.
Note: Firefox and Internet Explorer 7and newer have tabbed browsing built in, so if you are using any of those browsers you will see tabs that look and behave slightly different from the ones described here. Yahoo! Toolbar tabs are not available in browsers that have built-in tabbed browsing.
When you start Internet Explorer (IE), the browser window always displays the active tab, which is set to your homepage.
To add a tab:
- Click "Add Tab" to the right of the active tab
- The new tab navigates to Yahoo! Search; from there you can navigate using your IE Favorites/bookmarks.
- To navigate in your new tab, simply click your IE Favorites and select your destination or type your Web destination into the IE Address Bar.
To close a tab:
- Click "Close Tab" which appears to the far right of the tabs.
- This closes the current active tab, which is highlighted by a yellow bar.
- To close all tabs, simply right click on the tab and select your close option.
To disable tabs:
- Click the Yahoo! Toolbar "pencil" icon and select "Toolbar Options".
- In the Toolbar Options menu, you can check or uncheck "Enable Tabs".