Account is sending spam
Account spam and compromise issues include:
- My account was compromised or hacked.
- Someone is using my account to send email.
- My account shows strange sign-ins from other countries.
- My password doesn't work anymore.
- Someone deleted information or changed my account information.
- Someone changed my account information.
- My contacts receive IMs or emails from me asking them to take an IQ quiz, offering a prize, or asking for money or their password.
- I’m getting Failed Delivery, MAILER-DAEMON, or other email bounce messages.
If you suspect that your Yahoo!7 account is being used to send spam messages, your account may be compromised. We strongly recommend these steps to correct the problem:
Reset your password - If your Yahoo!7 account's password has been compromised, the fastest way to stop spam from being sent is to create a new, strong password.
Review your alternate email address
It's important to ensure your account's alternate email address has not been modified. If it has been, the party responsible for the spamming may be able to regain access to your account even after you changed your password.
- To view and change your account's alternate email address:
If these steps do not resolve your issues, see this help article on what to do if your account continues to send spam.
- If your account has been compromised and you are missing emails, contacts, or your "Reply-to address," "From name" or email signature has been modified, please review this article for steps to correct your email signature, from name, and reply-to address.
- See this help article to learn more about your account's sign-in activity history.
- Visit the Yahoo!7 Security Center for more information about keeping your account secure.