Make Yahoo! your homepage
How to set Yahoo! as your homepage in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Your browser "homepage" is the webpage you see each time you open a new browser window. To set Yahoo! as your homepage, follow the instructions for your specific browser type.
To set your homepage in Internet Explorer 6 or later on Microsoft Windows:
- Select Tools | Internet Options.
- On the "General" tab, in the "Home page" text box, type: http://nz.yahoo.com/
Note: The "Home page" box can contain multiple URLs. If you want Yahoo! to be the first tab when your browser opens, make sure http://nz.yahoo.com/ is the first URL in this box.
- Click Apply
- Click OK.
To set your homepage in Mozilla Firefox 16 or later on Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X:
- Select Firefox | Options. The Options dialog box appears.
- Click the General tab if not already selected.
- Choose Show my home page in the drop-down to the right of "When Firefox starts:".
- Enter http://nz.yahoo.com/ in the "Home Page" text box.
- Click OK.
To set your homepage in Safari 1 or later for Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows:
- Select Edit | Preferences or click the cog icon in the upper-right and select Preferences. The "Preferences" window appears.
- Select the General tab.
- Enter http://nz.yahoo.com/ in the"Homepage" text box.
- Click Close.
To set your homepage in Chrome 18 or later for Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows:
- Sign in to Chrome if you have not already done so.
- Select the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (the icon with three bars to the right of the URL box).
- Select Settings.
- Under "On startup", select the Open a specific page or set of pages button.
- Click Set Pages.
- Enter http://nz.yahoo.com/ in the field provided.
- Click OK to save your settings.
WARNING: If your homepage changes and you did not change the setting, your computer might be infected by spyware, adware, or other harmful software. You will need to remove the harmful software from your computer. If you use Yahoo! Toolbar, the Anti-Spy feature can help you find these types of programs.