Powers of Private Group Commissioners in College Tourney Pick'em
This article covers these Group Commissioner functions:
- Group Settings
- Group Scoring
- Custom Scoring System
- Invite Friends
- Manage Members
- Edit Commissioner Note
- Email Group
Please note: There are no other commissioner tools available to configure you group other than what are listed below.
Group Settings: Change your group slogan, max brackets per user, team affiliation, password, and whether your group is public or private.
Group Scoring: Take the default settings, or choose custom scoring system. Your choices are:
- Yahoo! Default - Traditional scoring system with a heavier weighting on later rounds. Works well with Seed Difference bonuses.
Custom Scoring System:
- Progressive - Slight weighting toward later rounds keeps this game interesting past round one. Try it with Upset Pick bonuses.
- Straight - Correct picks are always worth 1 point. No weightings. May the best bracket win!
- Upset Pick Bonus - Upset pick bonuses give bonus points for picking lower-seeded teams correctly. You will be awarded the number of points indicated for each upset you correctly predict.
- Seed Difference Bonus - Seed difference bonuses give bonus points for picking lower-seeded teams correctly. If you correctly select a lower-seeded team, you will earn a bonus of the difference between the seeds times the bonus multiplier for the round.
Important notes on the custom scoring system:
- Real-life matchup seeds will be used for these calculations as opposed to hypothetical matchup seeds as listed in your bracket.
- Groups that use bonus points will not display the maximum possible points for each bracket.
- Players in a group using custom scoring will also be scored using Yahoo's default scoring for ranking on the Overall Leaderboard.
- Group scoring settings cannot be edited once the first game of the tournament tips off.
Invite Friends: Invite your friends by sending them a link, via email, or through your Facebook/Twitter account. The emails you enter will only be used to send invitations on your behalf. We won't ever use them for any other purpose.
Manage Members: Remove members from your group, prevent them from rejoining with the same Yahoo! ID, and lock any group member from posting messages. You cannot undo removing a member from the group, but you may remove the ban so they can later rejoin the group.
Edit Commissioner Note: The commissioner note is present on the group's home page and viewable by the entire group. Use it to share your group's specific rules or general messages.
Email Group: Send an email out to the entire group. Group members may choose to opt-out of commissioner emails.