Overview of College Bowl Pick'em
This article describes how to play Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em.
Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em is a free Fantasy Sports game allowing you to compete against others to see who can select the winners of the 35 college football bowl games.
Playing is easy -- just choose the team you think will win each game and assign a unique confidence value, from 1 to 35, for each pick. Maximize your points by assigning the highest confidence values to your most confident picks. With each correct choice, you earn the confidence points you attributed to that pick.
You can also use Straight Picks, where players only need to select whom they believe will win each bowl game and do not assign confidence points to their picks.
- Start of College Bowl Pick'em registration is November 14, 2012
- The last day to leave a group is December 31, 2012
- You can start picking winners on November 14, 2012
- Bowl games start on December 15, 2012
- Bowl games end January 7, 2013
- The last day to pick winners is January 7, 2013
Here is the 2012-2013 Bowl Schedule.
After you make your picks, sit back and enjoy the games. We'll do all the hard work of gathering statistics, computing point totals, and updating standings.
Here's how to sign up for College Bowl Pick'em:
- Log into the College Bowl Pick'em home page.
- Select the type of group you wish to join.
- If you click Join Group, you will need to provide the Group ID# and password for any Private Group you wish to join. You can also click Browse Directory to compete against other fans in user-created open groups or official Yahoo! "Fans of" groups.
- If you click Create Group, you will be able to create the group name, create a group slogan, select a team affiliation, and choose a group type.
- If you choose to create a Private group, you will need to create a group password. This password will be used by other group members to join the group.
- If you choose to create a Public group, it is open to the public, and group members can join without a password.
- Group founders can click Invite Friends from their group homepage to provide the group information to prospective members.
- You can also click Start Playing Now, and join or create a group later.