Inviting Friends to a league
How to use the Invite Friends tool to get people you know to join your Fantasy Sports league.
With Yahoo! Sports franchise leagues, the invite tool takes on a whole new level of game ownership.
For returning managers there will be little change, but for managers who are invited to take over an existing team, it's a whole new world. They will be taking over a team that may have keepers already assigned, or if your league uses "Draft Pick Trading", there may be outstanding trades that were made last season by the old manager.
If your league is just starting out, you can still invite your friends, family and co-workers to join your newly created league and set up their own teams.
Commissioners can access Franchises by doing the following:
- Log into your Fantasy Sports league.
- Select the Commish Tools tab.
- From the "League Management" section, select Invite Friends.
- Enter the email address(es), separated by comas in the provided field.
- Select Submit (new league) or Send Invitations (renewed league).
Renewed leagues will show a list of returning teams. Commissioners have the option to:
- Invite last year's league members to manage their teams from last year
- Invite new managers to run one of last year's teams
- Invite new managers to the league to create new teams
Invitations can be sent to multiple people to take over the same team. Invitations also can be sent to the same addresses again if you want to send a reminder notice.
Once an invitation to take over a team is accepted, any other pending invitations to that same team will no longer be valid.
Note: Teams can be removed but the historical records associated with that team will be deleted.
New leagues have the ability to invite friends to join their league by posting an invite to their Facebook wall or on their Twitter feed.
They also are given a custom link that they can copy and paste into emails or on any website.
Note: The invite link posted to Facebook or Twitter, and the custom link, allows people to join the league without having to enter a password.