Game-time waivers in Fantasy Football
This article will explain the new game-time waivers option, and how to change your waiver settings.
Game-time waivers is a new weekly waiver option in Fantasy Football, which can be used in both standard and FAAB waiver systems. Game-time waivers is now the default setting for all newly created leagues, public leagues, and pro leagues, though other waiver options are also available for private leagues.
How game-time waivers work:
- Unowned players who are free agents will be placed on waivers as soon as their game begins each week.
- Players on a bye week will be placed on waivers at 5:30pm PT on Monday, which corresponds with the start time of the Monday night game.
- The waiver period ends at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday. Unowned players without a pending waiver claim will become free agents at that time.
- Waiver claims will process 1-8 hours after the end of the weekly waiver period. Until claims process, unowned players with a pending waiver claim will continue to display waiver status, but no further claims may be placed on them.
- Once their game has started, players in your starting lineup cannot be dropped to pick up an available free agent. They may be included in any waiver claims set to process after the weekly waiver period ends.
- Benched players, even if their game time has begun, may be dropped for an available free agent.
Check out these articles for more detailed information about waivers:
- Changing waiver settings
- How to manage or cancel waiver claims
- How waiver priority is determined
- Waiver period for dropped players
- Weekly waiver options
- Game Time waivers
- Why wasn't my claim successful?
- Multiple waiver claims with the same player
- Post-draft waivers
- Same-day add/drops don't affect waivers
- FAAB waivers
- Free agents and waiver priority
- Additional waiver rules
- Waiver basics