Transferring Team Ownership
This article explains how a commissioner can assign a team to a new manager in their Fantasy league.
With team ownership transfers, commissioners can assign a team to a new manager at any time.
With this feature:
- The Commissioner now has a means to change the manager of a team so that teams can continue to be actively managed.
- Managers will be notified when a commissioner invites them to own an existing team so they can accept the invitation.
- Commissioners will be able transfer a team to a different owner than was originally requested so they can achieve a desired manager list.
- Commissioners will be notified of an ownership transfer failure so they can figure out why a transfer hasn't been completed.
- Departing managers will receive notification that they no longer own a team.
To Access the Transfer Teams tool:
- Sign into your Fantasy Sport.
- Choose the appropriate league.
- Click on the Commish Tools tab.
- In the "Team Management" section, click Transfer Teams.
- You will see a list of teams in your league, the current owner, and an email box to enter the new owner's email address.
- After entering the new owner's email address, click Send.
The intended new manager need only click on the link included in the email to take over the team.