Vetoing a trade in Fantasy Sports
Learn how to veto a trade in leagues with the following settings:
- League votes
- Commissioner review
- Yahoo! trade review
When an offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified via email, and the trade will appear on all team pages. In a public league, an objection of four or more managers within two days will veto the trade.
While we encourage managers to adhere to our Fair Play and Sportsmanship rules when vetoing trades, Yahoo! Sports will not interfere with the public league trade review process.
- In a custom or public league set for league votes as the trade-review method, a protest from one-third of managers will result in a veto (e.g., 12-team league requires four votes for a veto).
- Fractions will be rounded up (e.g., 10-team league requires four votes, even though one-third of 10 is actually three-and-a-third).
- All votes are recorded anonymously.
- Private Leagues: When you select the commissioner option, accepted trades can only be overturned by the league commissioner.
- Private or PRO leagues only: All league managers have the opportunity to lodge a protest against a given trade with the league office. All protests will be reviewed by the Yahoo! Sports staff and a final decision will be rendered after the 2-day league review period has passed. All decisions on trade protests are final, and no approved trade will ever be reversed. Additionally, the league office will never re-examine and approve a previously vetoed trade.
Note: Yahoo! will not intervene in custom league matters.
If you have questions about the trade review process in a custom league, please contact your league commissioner.