Where is my comment?
A comment posted on a news article does not appear.
There are two possible reasons that a comment may not appear:
- Enough readers on the site have voted Thumbs Down on the comment. If enough readers vote Thumbs Down on a comment, it is automatically hidden in order to make more room for other comments.
- There has been a lot of commenting activity on a story, and you have to view several pages of comments in order to find yours. Each news article displays 10 comments per page.
Assuming that the comment hasn't been removed because of Thumbs Down votes, changing the sort order of comments may help you to locate your comment. For example, if you're seeing the comments sorted by the newest comments, you may want to change the sort order to the oldest comments and try finding your comment that way.
How to change the comment sort order to show the oldest comments:
- Select the Show pull-down menu located at the right of the Comments section.
- Select Oldest First. You'll see the oldest comments for that specific article at the top of the Comments section.
- To see additional pages of older comments, click the Next tab until you find the comment you're looking for.
Other sorting options available in the Show pull-down menu include:
- Newest First
- Highest Rated
- Most Replied
If you're having a difficult time locating your comment, you can click on the "My Comments" tab, which will show you an aggregated view of your commenting activity on Yahoo!. Comments in your activity steam may be visible to other users who access your profile through the comment stream, where they will be able to reply to, thumbs up, or thumbs down, or report abuse on any of your comments.
Note: Please also remember to be respectful of others when you're posting your comment. You may want to review our comment guidelines.