When will I receive notifications?
This article describes instances where you can receive notifications.
You may receive notifications in the following situations:
- A comment you posted on a Yahoo! article receives at least one response or thumbs up.
- Someone has responded to a Conversation you have participated in on a Yahoo! article.
- Your review of content on Yahoo!, such as travel destinations and local businesses, has received a response.
- You have received a Yahoo! Alert.
- There is important activity related to your Yahoo! account, such as password changes or expiration of a credit card you use to pay for any Yahoo! services.
In some Yahoo! products, you may see a "bell" icon and red box in the header with the number of new notifications that you have received since the last time you clicked the bell icon. Click the bell icon to open your notifications list. Each notification offers you one or more buttons that let you take action related to the notification, such as accepting a conversation request or reading an article. Once you have viewed the notifications list, you will no longer see the red box until you have received another notification.