News video not working
There can be several reasons why you're experiencing some difficulties viewing videos on Yahoo! News. Here is some video troubleshooting information about common issues:
- Adobe Flash Player: For an improved video streaming experience ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed:
- Bandwidth issues: If you're experiencing stuttering or excessive buffering, the most likely cause is that you're attempting to watch the material at a higher bandwidth than your Internet connection currently supports.
- Our videos will not play on a dial-up connection.
- Please use a broadband (e.g., T1, cable, or DSL) connection of at least 150kbps.
- Sharing bandwidth: When you use a cable modem or corporate network, you're sharing bandwidth with other users, so the available bandwidth may fluctuate during the course of a video.
- Fluctuations in bandwidth can result in buffering and a video will pause or skip momentarily.
- This type of interference is usually temporary and will stop as soon as your connection speed is restored.
- Viewing multiple websites: If you're viewing other websites while you play a video, loading those webpages reduces the amount of bandwidth available to stream videos to your computer.
- Please make sure that no other computers or applications are using your Internet connection.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) issue: If your Internet connection isn't reaching the proper speeds, please contact your ISP for further assistance.