What are notifications?
Notifications are brief messages informing you of activity that may interest you, such as:
- Responses and feedback to comments you leave on Yahoo! articles
- Conversations you have with friends on Yahoo! articles
- Feedback on your reviews of content on Yahoo!, such as travel destinations and local businesses
- Yahoo! Alerts that you have subscribed to, like Stock Quotes and Breaking News
- Important activity related to your Yahoo! account, such as a password change
Checking your notifications
- In some Yahoo! products, you may see a bell-shaped icon and red box in the header of the page, with a number indicating how many new notifications you have received since the last time you clicked the bell icon. Click the bell icon to open your notifications list.
- You may also receive some notifications as email messages.
Each notification offers you one or more buttons that let you take action related to the notification, such as accepting a conversation request or reading an article. Once you have viewed the notifications list, you will no longer see the red box until you have received another notification.