How to use an image as the background for a My Yahoo! page
You can make your My Yahoo! pages truly unique by using the image of your choice for the page background. There are two areas of the page background that you can provide images for, the header and the page body. You can use the same image for both areas, or two different images.
You can use any .jpg, .gif, or .png file up to 4MB as a background image. Images can be uploaded directly from your computer, or you can use images stored in your Flickr photosets. The file size limitation for images does not apply to image dimension. When an image is smaller than the available space, the image is tiled both horizontally and vertically to fill the space. The suggested image height for the page header is approximately 150 pixels. Images for the page background can be any size. The smaller an image is, the more times it will repeat on your page.
To use an image as your page background, follow these steps:
- Open the page you want to change by clicking its tab name.
- Click the Themes button.
- Click Customize Theme.
A diagram of the My Yahoo! page, a list of customizable elements, and a color palette opens. Note that there are five customizable areas that outline in yellow as you roll over the diagram.
- Click on Page Header or Page Background.
- Select the Image option (under Background Color), and click Change Image.
- To upload an image from your computer, click Upload File and select an image file from the File Upload window.
- To upload an image from one of your Flickr photosets, click the Flickr tab and select an image from the pulldown box.
The image appears in the selected area of the page.
- If you like what you see, click Keep it; if not, click Cancel.
Note: You can abandon your changes at any time by clicking Reset. This returns your page to the colors of the most recently saved theme.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click I'm Done.
- When prompted, enter a name for your new theme, and click OK. Saved themes can be used on other pages by applying one of your custom themes from the theme gallery.
If you want to see more of the image on your Page Background, you can make your page content transparent.