How to customize colors for specific parts of your page, such as fonts and backgrounds
You can make your My Yahoo! page truly unique by selectively changing the colors for one or more individual elements of a pre-defined theme. You can change colors for one or more of the following: text, links, visited links, the header, or the background color. After customizing a theme, you can save your changes as your own custom color theme. To create and save a custom theme, follow these steps:
- Open the page you want to change by clicking its tab name.
- Click the Themes button.
- Click Customize Theme.
A diagram of the My Yahoo! page, a list of customizable elements, and a color palette opens. Note that there are five customizable areas that outline in yellow as you roll over the diagram. To choose one, click the mouse when the desired area is outlined, and a list of customizable elements for the selected area appears between the diagram and the palette.
- Click on the element that you want to select a color for.
- Click on a color anywhere in the color diagram. The color of the selected area changes immediately so that you can preview your choice. Keep clicking on the color diagram until you are satisfied with your choice.
Note: You can abandon your changes at any time by clicking Reset. This returns your page to the colors of the most recently saved theme.
- Click on another customizable area to select your next color.
- When you're satisfied with all your color choices, click I'm Done.
- When prompted, enter a name for your new theme, and click OK. Saved themes can be used on other tabs by selecting a pre-defined theme.
Your change affects only the page you're viewing. Each page can have its own theme.