Enabling or disabling "Conversation history" for IM messages
How to turn off (or on) the archiving function for IM conversations.
By default, your IM conversations are saved in the Conversations folder. You can access this folder in the list on the right side of the page, right below the Inbox.
To enable or disable the archiving of IMs:
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Select Messenger Options from the options that appear.
- In the Messenger Options window, click Other from the menu options on the left.
- Check or uncheck the box for "Keep a history of my conversations."
- Click OK to save your changes.
Note: If you are not saving your conversation history, it isn't possible to remove the "Conversations" folder.