Restore missing emails or IMs
In some cases, we can restore lost or deleted emails and instant messages (IMs) in Yahoo Mail. Here's how to request a restoration attempt.
Before requesting a restore
- We can only restore emails and IMs that were lost within the last seven days.
- If multiple restore requests are submitted, only the latest request will be processed.
- Back up any emails sent or received within the last seven days.
- These emails will be permanently deleted if the restore is successful.
- To back up IMs, you'll need to copy/paste them from your Conversation History into a text document.
Submitting your request
From a desktop or laptop, use our restore request form if you'd like us to attempt to recover your missing emails or IMs.
- We can't guarantee a successful restoration of your missing emails, but we'll do all we can.
- Your missing emails may only be hidden, not actually deleted.
- To determine if this is the case, see our help article about missing emails in Yahoo Mail .
- We can't restore IM conversation history archives for Yahoo Messenger (Windows versions 10 and below, and Yahoo Messenger for Mac).
- We can't pick specific emails or restore from a specific span of time (e.g., between certain dates, or a specific week or month.)