How to Get a New Yahoo! ID
When you start Yahoo! Messenger, the first screen you see is the Sign In screen. This screen gives you the option of signing in or getting a new Yahoo! ID.
To get a new Yahoo! ID:
- Start the Yahoo! Messenger App.
- Tap Get a new Yahoo! ID on the Sign In screen.
- Tap Yes to allow Yahoo! Messenger to send your phone a SMS. If you tap No you will not be able to create a new Yahoo! ID. It may take a few minutes for this step to complete.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and select Male or Female, then tap Continue. Wait a moment for the next screen to load.
- Several available IDs are suggested. You can click on one of the suggested IDs to select it, or tap choose a custom id, then tap Continue. Remember, if you chose a custom ID, you are prompted to "Find a Yahoo! ID." Your ID must comply with the guidelines provided on this screen. When you have entered an ID, tap Continue.
- Similar IDs are presented for you to select from. You can choose one of them or try again. When you have chosen an ID, tap Continue.
- The Welcome screen appears. When you tap Continue, you are signed in to Yahoo! Messenger.