Add contacts to your Messenger list
It's a snap to add someone to your Messenger contact list. Let us show you how.
In Messenger you can quickly add a contact by using the Add a contact icon, or by using the Contacts menu.
Add a contact
Choose a method to add a contact:
- Using the "Contacts" menu: Select Contacts | Add a Contact. - Using the "Add a contact" icon:
* In newer Messenger versions: Click the Add a contact icon under the "Contacts" tab. * In older Messenger versions: Click Add a Contact at the bottom of the Yahoo Messenger window.
Select the group that you'd like to add this contact to.
- "Friends," the default group, adds the contact name to your main Messenger List.
Add a brief introduction in the box that follows (Optional).
Select Change to make the changes to your display name which displays to your recipient. If there is any select an alias from the pull-down menu (Optional).
- When you add a contact to your Messenger List, the contact also gets added to your Yahoo Address Book.
- The contact is automatically notified and given the option to allow or deny your add request.
- If the contact denies your request, they won't appear in your Messenger List.
- You can add up to 1,000 contacts to your Messenger List.