Troubleshooting Procedures For Issues With Adobe Flash Player
This article describes procedures which can be very helpful in resolving a variety of issues related to Adobe Flash Player in Yahoo! Messenger. Some of the errors may include:
- Inability to use Emoticons, Audibles, or IMVironments
- Yahoo! Insider not loading properly
- Yahoo! Games not loading properly
- Missing text or instant messages not appearing in the conversation area.
There may be a problem with the version of Adobe Flash Player that you have installed on your computer. To try and resolve this issue, uninstall and then reinstall a new version of Adobe Flash Player.
To uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player:
- Go to the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller page and follow the uninstall directions.
- Download and install the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player.
To verify Adobe Flash Player is working correctly:
- Now you need to verify that Adobe Flash Player is working correctly. To do this, please go to the "Version Test for Adobe Flash Player" page.
- Look to the right of the text, "Your Player Version," and you'll see a display of the updated version number of Adobe Flash Player that you just installed. This display verifies that your new Adobe Flash Player is working correctly.