Games won't load in Yahoo! Messenger
This article describes how to enable Java, which is the primary cause of the games plug-in not working in Yahoo! Messenger.
To enable JAVA in Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab. For the Internet zone, be sure that the Security level is set to Medium or below.
- If you've chosen to customize your security settings for the Internet zone, if there's a Java heading, make sure Java permissions are enabled.
- Under the Scripting heading, set Scripting of Java Applets to Enable or Prompt.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you see the subheading Java, Java VM, or Microsoft VM.
- If Java logging enabled and Java console enabled options are there, select them so they have check marks.
- If the only option is Use JRE # for applet (requires restart) or something similar, select it.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Note: You have the option to download Sun's Java plug-in, which you can get here.