Adjust connection settings in Yahoo! Messenger
This document describes what to do if you are unable to sign in to Yahoo! Messenger, or if you receive a network or connection error. Checking your connection settings may resolve the issue.
To change the connection settings in Internet Explorer.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and press the R key. This opens the "Run" command.
- Type in inetcpl.cpl and then click OK. This opens "Internet Properties".
- Select the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN settings button.
- Uncheck all of the boxes on the settings page.
- Click OK to save the LAN Settings.
- Click OK to save the Internet Properties.
To change the connection settings in Yahoo! Messenger:
- If you are signed in, click the Messenger menu and select Sign Out.
- Click the Messenger menu and select Connection Preferences.
- Select the Connect directly to the Internet option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Try to sign in to Yahoo! Messenger again.