How to report abuse in Yahoo! Updates?
If you feel that the content displayed within an Update violates the Terms of Service, please report it to us. There are three ways to report Yahoo! Updates abuse.
To report abuse on the content (preferred method):
- In the Update, click the blue hyperlinked text or the thumbnail for a photo or video. This takes you to the place where the content was created, such as Yahoo! Buzz or Flickr. Most Yahoo! sites have a Report Abuse button, a Report It link, an image of a flag, or some combination of these methods to let you report abuse.
- Click the Abuse button, link, or flag to open the page where you can report the abuse.
- Provide as much detail as you can, and then click the button to submit your report.
To report an abusive person's entire account, instead of a specific Update:
- Click the name of the Yahoo! user (in blue text) in the update. This opens this person's profile page.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Report Abuse in the bottom right.
- From the Where menu, select Other.
- From the What menu, select the category of abuse you think best fits what you're reporting.
- In the Abuse Description field, include the word "Updates" along with anything else you want to mention.
- When you're finished, click Send Abuse Report.
To report abuse directly from the Yahoo! Updates module:
- Move your mouse over the specific Update that you want to report. A pull-down arrow appears.
- Click the arrow.
- Click the Report Abuse link.
- Fill out the short form.
- Click Submit.
Your submitted report is sent to Yahoo! Customer Care, where our agents will review it and take any necessary action.
You might also want to remove the connection you have with the person whose Update you found abusive. To learn how to do this, click here.